Jawa-na send these awesome Star Wars pop-up cards to all your friends? Sure you do! They’re super easy to make and won’t steal any of your droids.
Time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Scissors or craft knife
- Glue or tape
- Cutting rail (optional)
- Self-healing cutting matt (optional)
- Burnishing tool (or craft stick, smooth edge of a butter knife, or a ball point pen that is out of ink)
How To Make It
- Print the card and cut out the outside box along the solid blue line and the Jawa eyes box. Do not cut along the dashed lines — these lines are where you will fold the paper.
- Use scissors or a craft knife to cut the solid red line just below the Jawa’s hood.
- Fold the card horizontally away from you.
- Using a craft stick or burnishing tool, score the dashed lines that create a diamond shape around the Jawa’s hood and the dashed line that runs the length of his face. This will make paper folding easier. Also, score the Jawa eyes box vertically down the center along the dashed line.
- Fold the card again vertically towards you while carefully pinching the Jawa’s upper and lower hood opening so they fold away from you along the dashed line in the center and towards you along the dashed lines around his mouth. This creates the pop-up effect.
- Flip the card over so the white side is facing you and glue or tape the eyes to the card so they show through behind the hood. Make sure the top of the eyes box is flush against the horizontal fold and the dashed line in the middle runs along the vertical fold.
- Write your note on the inside of the card and you’re done!
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 4 years Ago