It’s easier being green than you might think when you fashion this felt no-sew Kermit pillow. Everyone’s favorite frog in pillow form is perfectly portable, and a great companion for long road trips, plane voyages and other Muppet-worthy adventures.
Time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Green felt – 1/2 yard
- Light/bright green felt – two, 8×10 inch sheets
- Dark green felt – 8×10 inch sheet
- Red felt – 8×10 inch sheet
- Pink felt – scrap or 8×10 inch sheet
- White felt – scrap or 8×10 inch sheet
- Black felt – scrap or 8×10 inch sheet
- Pillow stuffing
- Hot glue – (only adults should us hot glue)
- Light-colored pencil and dark pen
How To Make It
- Print and cut out the template pieces. Piece together the 4 corners of Kermit’s head and tape them together.
- Trace Kermit’s head onto green felt. You will need to trace and cut two heads, one for the front of the pillow and one for the back.
- Trace and cut the remaining template pieces onto their designated color felt.
- Stack the two Kermit heads on top of one another. Glue the eyes, pupils, mouth outline, mouth, and tongue to the front of the pillow, use the illustration as a guide. Glue the front and back collars into place at Kermit’s neck.
- Use hot glue to attach the two pieces together. Attach the 2 pieces all the way around the edges leaving the bottom of the neck unattached.
- Stuff pillow stuffing up the neck until the pillow is full.
- Glue the neck edges together, completely closing the pillow.
Posted 3 years Ago