Cut from paper doilies, these fancy gloves with their lacy trim make fitting invitations for a Cinderella tea.
Time: 15 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Lightweight craft paper or stationery
- Paper doilies
- Glue stick
- Colored markers
How To Make It
- Have your child place their hand on a paper doily so that their palm rests on the non-perforated center and their wrist is on the lacy perimeter. Trace around their hand extending the lines on both sides an inch or two past their wrist. Then draw a line joining the ends of the two lines to complete the glove.
- Stack the doily atop another one and cut out the tracing, going through both doilies. Now you can use one of these cutouts as a pattern to cut out a pair of matching shapes for the other invitations.
- To complete each invitation, apply glue to the fingers and side edges (but not across the wrist) of one cutout in the pair. Then set the other cutout on top of it, matching up all the edges, and press down evenly to stick the two layers together.
- For each glove, print the party date, time, and other pertinent information on a piece of craft paper or stationery. Then fold the invitation and tuck it into the glove.
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 2 years Ago