What better way to celebrate Mickey’s big birthday than with these adorable Mickey yarn present-toppers! With just a few steps, this craft is easy to make and the perfect addition to any occasion. So grab your materials and get ready to create your own colorful masterpiece!
The Wonderful World of Mickey now streaming on #DisneyPlus.
What You’ll Need
- Yarn in various colors
- Craft knife
- Hot glue
How To Make It
- Cut out the Mickey template and use it to trace onto the cardboard. Repeat for as many tags as you need.
- Use your pen to draw circles on the inside of Mickey’s head and each ear.
- You may need to use a craft knife to cut out the inside circles if you are not able to get them with your scissors. Cut out these circles, then cut out the whole Mickey shape. It’s okay if the edges are rough! It will all be covered by yarn.
- Choose your first color of yarn and cut a piece about 12 inches long. Designate one side of your Mickey shape as the back and one as the front. Glue one end of the yarn onto the back, then start wrapping! Glue the other end down when you get to the end and start a new color.
- Wrap up your gifts, then use yarn as ribbon. To attach the Mickeys, I like to thread the yarn through a loop in the back or glue it right onto the top so that they aren’t covered at all by the rest of the yarn.
Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby.