Inspired by Lightning McQueen’s distinctive logo, this bright felt keychain can be assembled in a flash. It also makes a fun decoration for kids to snap onto a backpack or spiral notebook.
What You’ll Need
- Template for Lightning Bolt Keychain
- Pins (for pinning the template pieces to the felt)
- Stiff black felt
- Sticky-back yellow and red felt
- Colored pencils or fine tipped markers
- Key ring
How To Make It
- Print the template and use the pieces as patterns to cut shapes from the specified colors of felt. To cut out the hole in the number 9, simply make a small snip in the felt to access the center; it will be barely noticeable once you stick the number in place.
- Peel the backing from the yellow lightning bolt. Center the yellow bolt atop the black one and press down firmly to stick it in place.
- Peel the backing from the numbers and stick them atop the yellow bolt.
- Peel the backing from the yellow loop strap. Press the black loop strap onto the center of the yellow one, as shown.
- Slide the key ring onto the loop strap.
- Firmly press the sticky ends of the loop strap to the front and back of the lightning bolt, as shown, and the keychain is ready to use.
Posted 5 years Ago