Candy and treats are wrapped in tissue paper and then tied together to make perfect party favors for your next summer luau.
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 3 sheet of tissue paper, one green and two in bright colors
- Colorful string or yarn
- Small candies and/or toys
How To Make It
- Fold the green tissue paper in half lengthwise and then again crosswise so you have a square of tissue paper with four layers. Cut all around the edges to make a rounded square. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Snip all around the edges to make fringe all around the square.
- Fold a red, or other brightly colored tissue paper, the same way you folded the green paper. This time, make wide scallops along the edges. Again, you don’t have to do this perfectly. Just end up with four pieces of tissue in a square-ish shape with scalloped edges.
- Fold your last piece of tissue paper into quarters and this time give it spikes all around the edges. You should now have 12 pieces of tissue paper cut out.
- Place one or two candies or treats in the corner of one piece of tissue paper. Roll it up.
- Squeeze the tissue at the edges of the candy inside the rolls. Roll up each of your squares as pictured.
- Cross over two rolls so that they touch at the point where you squeezed them. Then take a small piece of colorful yarn or string and tie the tissue candy rolls together.
- Pull tightly and double knot. Fluff the tissue at the ends, opening them up and giving them a flower-like shape.
- Continue tying tissue candy rolls together, alternating colors and fluffing the ends.
- You want a total of 10-12 tissue rolls. When you get to the last two, tie the ends together with the string to make a complete circle.
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 3 years Ago