Paid partnership with Hyundai USA.
If our little ones had to live by one phrase, it would certainly be: Hakuna Matata! So why not create some fun decor all about it?! This Lion King Wall Hanging is a perfect family craft activity, inspired by Timon and Pumbaa’s favorite motto.
This DIY embraces nature, turning twigs into a work of art. It especially makes a great backdrop for picnics and parties!
To get started, head to a local park to collect some sticks and branches.
Have your kiddo help with the craft, drawing a guide for the letters. Spell out their name or favorite saying.
After creating the letters, add a pop of color with craft supplies, like vibrant yarn and paint.
Add the letters to a string, then hang your creation.
After the outing, decorate your little one’s room with your creation.
Looking for a new SUV to help with your family adventures? Check out the all new Hyundai Santa Fe, with smart technology features and enough cargo space for all your craft supplies.
What You’ll Need
- Thin floral wire
- Wire cutters or sturdy scissors
- Red, yellow, and orange paint
- Red, yellow, and orange yarn
- Hot glue
- Paper clips
How To Make It
- Start by collecting sticks from the ground outside, perhaps from a local park.
- Have your little one draw each letter (about 9” tall) on a piece of paper, break the sticks into smaller pieces, and place them over the letters as a guide to create the stick letters.
- Use the floral wire to wrap all the sticks together to create the letters.
- Paint 1 or 2 ends of each letter.
- Take 1 color of yarn and 1 of your letters, glue the end of the yarn to the back of the letter, and start wrapping. Let some of the painted sections show through!
- You can use as many colors of yarn as you want on each letter—or lightly wrap a contrasting color over the wrapped portions for extra detail.
- When you’re finished wrapping, glue the yarn to the back and trim off the excess.
- Attach the paper clips to the top of your letters by either looping them through the yarn or gluing them to a painted portion.
- Attach the letters onto a piece of string. Then hang the banner.
All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult. And be sure to clean up after crafting outdoors.