When Mulan’s father spotted his daughter sitting near the lotus tree following her disastrous meeting with the matchmaker, he pointed to a white and pink bud that had yet to open. Telling her that when it finally did bloom, it would probably be the most beautiful flower of all, he lovingly replaced the ornamental hair comb she’d removed from her hair. Made from felt and rosy glitter, this lotus blossom hair comb is as pretty as the one she wore, and it’s guaranteed never to wilt.
What You’ll Need
- Lotus Blossom template
- White felt
- Pink glitter glue
- Small paintbrush
- Yellow yarn
- Hot glue gun
- A hair comb
How To Make It
- Print out the template and cut it out. Use it as a pattern to cut four attached pairs of petals out of white felt.
- Paint the tips of the blossoms with pink glitter glue.
- While the glitter glue dries, make the blossom center by cutting six 4-inch lengths of yellow yarn. Gather the lengths in a bunch and tie a knot in the center. Then unravel the strands on both sides of the knot.
- Next, shape the flower by applying a spot of glue to the center of one pair of felt petals and then pinching the felt together, as shown.
- Fold a second pair of petals around the first, as shown, and glue them together. Attach the third and fourth pairs of petals in the same manner.
- Glue the flower center in place and trim the ends to about an inch long.
- Finally, glue the lotus blossom to the hair comb, and it's ready to wear.