Whether you’re learning to stitch for the first time or an avid collector, celebrate all things Disney•Pixar with an embroidery hoop featuring the iconic Luxo Ball.
What You’ll Need
- Small embroidery hoop
- Blue fabric
- Blue, yellow, and red felt
- Yellow, red, and blue embroidery thread
How To Make It
- Place blue fabric onto the inner hoop, then put the outer ring over the fabric and press to secure. Tug the corners of the fabric to make it taunt and adjust the screw until tight.
- Once your hoop frame canvas is ready, it’s time to cut out the felt pieces. Download and cut out the Luxo Ball template to create a circle, star, and half moon.
- Begin stitching with the large felt circle. This piece will make up the bulk of your Luxo Ball.
- Measure out yellow thread, approximately 12 inches, and split two threads off from the main strand. Thread your needle and begin to stitch the yellow circle onto your hoop. If you need to keep the felt circle in place, use a needle or sewing pin while stitching around.
- Tie a knot onto the back of your final stitch to secure it.
- Repeat steps four and five with the star and the half moon pieces of felt. Use red thread for the star shape and blue thread for the half moon.
- Looking like Luxo? You’re almost done! To stitch up the back, cut your fabric one inch past the circumference of the hoop in a circular shape. Use leftover thread to stitch that inch of fabric and pull tight to close.
For little crafters (ages 12 and under) make sure to pre-cut shapes with adult supervision and use a dull tapestry needle for stitching.