Off we go! This DIY ornament is a practically perfect way to celebrate Mary Poppins Returns, which opens in theaters on December 19th. Add a little magic to your tree with just a few craft supplies, including a doll hat and some feathers! Keep scrolling to see how to make your own. And be sure to show us all of the ways you’re celebrating your jolly holiday by tagging @DisneyFamily on Instagram.
What You’ll Need
- Small doll hat
- Burgundy paint
- Burgundy ribbon
- Hot glue
- Small faux bird
- Brown and beige craft feathers
- Gold pipe cleaner
- Red and white polka-dot ribbon
How To Make It
- Paint the doll hat burgundy and let dry completely.
- Wrap the burgundy ribbon around the hat, and secure with a dot of hot glue. Trim the excess. Make a small bow and attach onto the hat, covering the seam of the first ribbon.
- Trim the craft feathers as needed and hot glue to one side of the little bird.
- Twirl one gold pipe cleaner and hot glue to the back of the feathers.
- Use scissors to cut a small slit in center of the top of the hat. Loop the red polka-dot ribbon through the hat and tie a knot about 3-4 inches down. Trim any excess ribbon.
- Hot glue the bird to the middle of the red bow on the hat.
- Display on your Christmas tree or all year-round!
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.