Add a little magic to your holiday with a high-flying DIY tree topper featuring Mary Poppins herself! It’s easy to make your own. Just download the printable below, and get crafting! See the magic of Mary Poppins Returns come to life in theaters December 19th.
What You’ll Need
- 2 copies of the printable template (Click “Download PDF”)
- Cardstock paper
- Gold floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue
How To Make It
- Click “Download PDF” and print two copies of the template. Carefully cut out the pieces. Cut out the kite separately.
- Glue both pieces onto cardstock paper and cut them out again. Alternatively, print out the template straight onto cardstock paper and cut out.
- Cut a short piece of floral wire. Hot glue one end to Mary Poppins’ hand, and the other end to the bottom of the kite. Reference the other printable for positioning.
- From the second printable, cut out only the main part of Mary Poppins’ carpet bag and her hat.
- Glue these duplicates on top of the original to give the tree topper a little bit of dimension. Add a large dot of hot glue in the center of the first carpet bag, let it set slightly, then add the second carpet bag. This will create the height.
- To make the tree topper base, wrap the floral wire around a pen or pencil.
- Hot glue one end of the floral wire to the back of Mary Poppins.
- As you place the topper on the tree, loosen the wire as needed to fit onto the tree top.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.