Add some cheer to your holiday décor with this Mary Poppins Returns-inspired Christmas tree topper! It’s simple to make. All you need is felt, craft foam, and a few other supplies, and you’ll have a practically perfect DIY to enjoy for years to come! Keep reading to learn how to make your own!
What You’ll Need
- 1 wooden dowel
- Black paint
- Felt (maroon, teal, yellow, pink)
- Craft foam (black and white)
- 1 red bead
- Fishing line
- Hot glue
How To Make It
- Paint the wooden dowel black and let dry completely.
- Cut out two raindrop shapes from teal, yellow, and pink felt, for a total of six raindrops.
- Cut out an umbrella shape from black craft foam.
- Use a needle and fishing line to attach the raindrops to the umbrella top at varying lengths.
- To create the bird at the handle of the umbrella, cut out a bird outline and feathers from maroon felt. Cut out a beak shape from black craft foam. Layer and hot glue the feathers onto the body of the bird. Hot glue the beak into place.
- Cut out a small circle of white craft foam to create the bird’s eye. Cut in the white circle in half, and hot glue them with a slight separation to create the detail of the bird’s eye. Hot glue a small red bead into the middle of the bird’s eye.
- Hot glue the bird to one end of the wooden dowel, making it is upside-down.
- Use floral wire to attach the tree topper to the top of your Christmas tree!
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.