There are so many ways for your family to make a difference in the community. Use recycled items like plastic water bottles to create a fun game that kids of all ages will enjoy.
With the help of friends and classmates, craft this DIY Mickey & Friends Bowling Set. Then plan a community play day to enjoy the activity. Oh, boy!
Be inspired to volunteer. Apply for a $500 Disney Summer of Service grant at Disney.com/BeInspired through September 30th.
What You’ll Need
- Water bottles
- Colored paper
- Hot glue
- 2 yellow buttons
- Ping pong ball
How To Make It
- To create Mickey, cut out a piece of black paper to wrap around the bottle. Glue in place.
- Cut out a piece of red paper and wrap around the lower half. Glue in place.
- Cut out two ears from black paper. Glue ears and 2 yellow buttons to bottle.
- Remove bottle cap and paint red. Then place it back on.
- Paint ping pong ball black. Once dry, paint 3 small “holes” like a bowling ball.
- To create Mickey’s Friends, repeat directions — painting the bottle caps and cutting colored paper to match the characters, then gluing to other bottles. Next, enjoy the game!
All gluing should be done by an adult.