Entertain your little ones with this set of felt memory game cards, inspired by Mickey & Friends. Finding a matching pair is like magic!
To play the game
- Mix the tiles and lay in rows, face down.
- Turn over two cards at random. If they match, collect both tiles; if they don’t, turn them back over.
- Repeat in turns, aiming to collect as many cards as you can by remembering where the tiles are placed.
- The game is finished when all the cards have been matched and collected.
What You’ll Need
- 4 sheets 15×15-inch blue felt
- 2 sheets black felt and 1 sheet red, white, yellow, royal blue, pink, lime green, and grey felt
- White crayon or chalk
- Fabric glue
- Fabric marker
How To Make It
- Fold 15×15-inch blue felt square in half and cut it evenly down the middle to create two rectangular halves. Then cut each of these into halves, leaving you with four squares.
- Repeat step 1 with each square of felt, leaving you with 16 small felt tiles in total.
- Create 8 pairs of Mickey & Friends felt to add to the squares. Start with Mickey by using round objects to trace Mickey’s head onto a black piece of felt with white chalk or crayon. Then cut out.
- Then attach the Mickey silhouette to the blue felt tile with a dab of fabric glue, and let dry. Repeat for matching tile.
- For Minnie’s head, trace the same silhouette you created for Mickey onto a black piece of felt and cut it out. Then sketch a bow shape onto red felt. Glue to a blue felt tile with fabric glue and repeat for matching tile.
- For Mickey’s gloves, cut the shape of a small four-fingered hand out of white felt, as well as three small, rounded rectangles out of black felt. Glue the rectangles onto the white glove and let dry, then glue to a blue felt tile. Repeat for matching tile.
- For Mickey’s shorts, sketch a semicircle with two small rectangles at its rounded base on red felt and cut out. Add buttons by cutting round ovals from yellow felt. Glue pieces together then glue to a blue felt tile. Repeat for matching tile.
- For Donald’s hat, sketch a rounded bean shape onto a piece of royal blue felt and cut out with scissors. To create the bottom of his hat, cut a small rectangle out of black felt and arrange below the royal blue felt. Lastly, cut a small ribbon shape out of red fabric. Arrange as pictured on a blue felt tile and glue together. Repeat for matching tile.
- For Daisy’s bow, sketch out a bow shape onto pink felt. Cut thin strips of black felt to add details to the bow, glue together. Glue to a blue felt tile and repeat to create matching pair.
- For Goofy’s hat, trace hat shape onto lime green felt and cut out. Cut two long ovals and a small rectangle from black felt to create Goofy’s ears and a band for his hat. Assemble, then glue to a blue tile. Repeat for matching tile.
- For Pluto’s collar and bone, cut a rounded rectangle from green felt and glue a small, grey oval to add dog tag. Then cut a bone shape out of white felt. Arrange the shapes as pictures and glue onto a blue tile, repeating for matching tile.
All cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 3 years Ago