Celebrate your BFF with a homemade best friends necklace! There’s no better way to show your bestie just how much you care. Choose your favorite colors and watch them swirl together as you play with the clay to create each necklace. And the best part is, when you put the necklaces together, you’ll see the iconic shape of our best pal, Mickey!
What You’ll Need
- Oven bake clay in multiple colors
- Mickey template
- Small tool for trimming and shaping clay
- Jump rings
- Chain necklaces
- Rolling pin
- Optional: metal letter stamping kit
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Roll out a strand of each color of clay and twist them together.
- Gently roll into a ball and roll out flat. You should have a marble effect.
- Use a small Mickey template to cut out Mickey shapes.
- Place the shapes on cookie tray.
- Cut a curvy line down the middle of each shape, and two small holes for jump rings.
- Optional: Use a metal letter stamping kit to gently stamp “best” into one side, and “friends” into the other while the clay is still soft.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Once the time is complete, make sure to let cool.
- Use pliers to attach jump rings into each hole.
- String a necklace chain through the ring before closing.
The use of sharp tools should always be supervised by an adult.