Add a little Disney magic to your backyard with a bird feeder shaped like Mickey Mouse. Your little ones will love counting the feathered friends that visit once it’s hanging outside the window!
What You’ll Need
- 4 cups mixed bird seed
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 packet of plain gelatin
- Wax paper
- Cookie cutters
- Twine or yarn
How To Make It
- Combine bird seed, flour, water, gelatin, and corn syrup in a mixing bowl.
- Using a spoon, pack the bird seed mixture into the cookie cutters.
- Use a straw to poke a hole at the top of the bird feeder. Leave straw in mixture until dry.
- Let dry, preferably overnight. Remove straw. (If the mixture is still wet, you may bake in the oven on the lowest setting for an hour or so.)
- Thread twine or yarn through bird feeder and hang outside for the birds!
Posted 5 years Ago