Did you know… Mickey Ear Hats now come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and characters making it even more of a personalized experience for everyone in your family? Personalized embroidered Mickey Ear Hats can be found at Disney Theme Parks and Downtown Disney® locations. Finding a set of ears that matches your family’s Disney Side is easier than ever.
Celebrate your new unforgettable souvenir and revisit your magical memories at your next family fun night with this easy DIY version that turns the magical hat idea into a bright and personalized canvas for your home!
Time: 35 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 12×12 canvas
- Transfer paper
- Black and red paint
- White craft glue
- Black and grey glitter
- Glittered brush-on varnish
- Yellow puff paint
How To Make It
- Print the template. Place the transfer paper in the center of the canvas, and the template on top. Tape it down and use the pencil to draw over the black lines.
- Peel away the template and transfer paper. Fill in the mickey ears with the black paint. For the highlight areas, water down the black paint so it becomes grey, use that to add the highlights at the top.
- Fill in the rest of the canvas with the red paint.
- Work section by section and coat with the glue and pour the glitter over the wet glue. Do this for all of the hat. Use grey or charcoal glitter for the highlight areas.
- Add a glittery sheen to the red by brushing on a layer of glittered varnish.
- Use the Puffy Paint to write the name of your choice. TIP: Practice first on a piece of paper. Sketch the name with a pencil on paper so you can know the size you need.
Cutting should be done by an adult.