You’ll dazzle Disney-style this Fourth of July with a star spangled Mickey Mouse design that’s patriotically perfect in every way. Create personalized t-shirts for the whole family and wear them to your Independence Day festivities! See the video tutorial here.
Show us how your family celebrates together. Share your #DisneyFamily on Instagram!
Time: 2 hours
Age: All Ages
What You’ll Need
- White t-shirt
- Plastic straws with a bend in them
- Red, blue, and glitter fabric paint
- Fabric pen or puffy paint
How To Make It
- Tape together a few straws just above the bend. Add an additional piece of tape at the top to create a handle. Bend straws outward to create a firework stamp.
- Make another firework “stamp” and shorten the ends on the second one to create a smaller firework. This will be Mickey’s ears.
- Place a piece of cardboard inside the t-shirt to prevent the layers from sticking together.
- Prepare a paper plate with enough red paint to dip the larger firework “stamp” into and then press onto the center of the t-shirt. Stamp no more than three times. Use the smaller firework “stamp” to add Mickey’s ears.
- Repeat with blue paint and glitter paint. Let each color dry before adding the next!
- Personalize each shirt by writing names or family roles below the Mickey firework.
Let dry for 24 hours before washing or wearing. All cutting should be done by an adult.