Deck the halls with more than holly this season! Make some handmade decorations. Clear the table, break out your art supplies, and let’s get crafty!
With this special “recipe,” you and your family can make an adorable Mickey gingerbread house without even turning on the oven. It transforms into a pop-up card that you can gift to family and friends—or keep to decorate your home.
Simply print the template on cardstock, cut out the pieces, glue them together, and decorate. Voila—instant gingerbread house!
For more Disney magic, try these Mickey Mouse Gingerbread Cookies:
What You’ll Need
- White and brown cardstock
- Red and green construction paper
- Markers or crayons
- Glitter glue
How To Make It
- Print page 1 on white cardstock and page 2 on brown cardstock.
- Fold all pieces along the dotted lines.
- The piece that looks like a snowbank is the base of the card. Take the trapezoidal piece and glue in place on the card. Let dry.
- Take one of the pieces from the other page, locate the longest glue tab, and glue into place on the card where shown. Let dry. Fold over rectangular flap and glue in place on the trapezoidal piece.
- Take the other piece from that page, locate the longest glue tab, and glue into place where shown so that the similar pieces are facing different directions. These pieces will create the 4 sides of the house. Then fold over rectangular flap and glue in place on the trapezoidal piece.
- Flatten the card, fold over the sides of the last 2 pieces, and glue into place. Your gingerbread house now has 4 walls.
- Glue roof piece in place on one side. Make sure the little indent is on the same side as the roof. Let dry and repeat on the other side. Then make sure the house is completely dry.
- Open it up and decorate! Add a red door and windows with construction paper. Then decorate the roof with markers. Next, add red and green Mickeys and decorate with glitter glue. Add any finishing touches with your markers.
All cutting should be done by an adult.