Back-to-school season has the excitement of the new school year and all of the possibilities that come along with it. These Mickey Locker Accessories are the perfect way to get your kiddo excited and organized.
They’ll love the whimsical shapes and the happy greeting from Mickey every time they open their locker! With a storage caddy designed to hold their supplies and a mirror for a quick glance before class, this set will brighten their lockers and their school days.
For more Disney magic, check out these Mickey Back-to-School DIYs:
What You’ll Need
- Mickey Template
- Red, yellow, and black craft foam
- Strong glue
- Round mirror (about 6” wide)
- Strong magnets
- Small pencil cup or storage caddy
How To Make It
- Download, print, and cut out the Mickey Template. (Resize if needed.) Then, create a template for his shorts and buttons. Draw them on a piece of paper, using mine as a reference.
- Place the ears onto the black foam and trace them with a pen. On each ear, leave a tab of extra foam where they’ll attach to the mirror. Cut out the ears from the black foam.
- Spread glue onto the tabs. Adhere the ears to the back of the mirror, placed appropriately to form Mickey’s silhouette.
- Glue 2 magnets (or more, if necessary) to the back of the mirror. Allow all the glue to dry thoroughly.
- Trace Mickey’s shorts onto the red foam and the 2 buttons onto yellow foam. Cut out each shape.
- Glue the buttons onto the shorts and the shorts onto the front of the pencil cup. Then, glue the magnets to the back of the cup. (Alternatively, you could find a pencil cup that’s already magnetized.)
- Allow all the glue to thoroughly dry. Have your kiddo hang the mirror and pencil cup in their locker, and fill the cup with supplies. It’s perfect for anything—from pens to snacks.
All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.