Oh boy! It’s now even easier to let your Disney side shine. With the news of a Disney collection now available at Gap, we wanted a fun way to add some DIY Mickey flair to our look. And with just a little Mickey magic, you and your little ones can too.
Keep reading to find out how to make your own Mickey Mouse felt pin!
Time: 1 hour
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper or cardstock
- White felt
- Black embroidery thread
- Hot glue
- 1-3 cotton balls
- Bar pin
How To Make It
- On regular paper or cardstock, print the Mickey glove template or draw your own. Carefully cut out Mickey glove.
- Use Mickey glove template to cut out two Mickey glove shapes from white felt. Tip: Fold the sheet of white felt in half to cut out both shapes at once.
- Use black embroidery thread to stitch three detail lines to one of the white felt Mickey glove shapes. Make sure to end your final stitch on the backside of the glove shape. Tie a knot and trim off the loose thread.
- Carefully hot glue around the edges of the Mickey glove, leaving the bottom edge open.
- Add cotton balls into opening to make Mickey’s glove 3D.
- Hot glue the opening shut to finish the Mickey glove.
- Hot glue the bar pin to the back of the Mickey pin.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.