Early mornings at Disneyland Resort always call for Mickey Mouse Pancakes. They’re one of our favorite foods and memories at the Park. Now you and your little ones can recreate the magic with a felt craft that lets you play and dine again and again.
What You’ll Need
- Mickey Mouse template
- Regular paper or cardstock
- Tan and ivory felt sheets for pancakes
- Brown felt sheets for syrup
- Navy blue and white felt sheets for blueberries
- Red and green felt sheets for strawberries
- Fabric glue, or needle & thread if you prefer to hand stitch
How To Make It
- Download and print Mickey template onto regular paper or cardstock.
- Use template to trace Mickey shapes onto both tan and ivory felt. For the best results, don’t worry about making the Mickey shapes exactly the same size. The pancakes will look more realistic if the ivory Mickey shape is larger than the tan Mickey shape, just the slightest.
- Glue the tan and ivory Mickey shapes together. As an alternate to glue, simply hand stitch using a needle and thread.
- Draw an abstract shape for the syrup onto brown felt and cut out.
- To make the blueberries, cut out small circles of blue felt. Fold in half to cut a tiny “x” into the center of the circle. Cover the “x” cut-out with a small piece of white felt. Use a basic stitch with needle and thread to gather the edges of the circle into a pouch shape. Add stuffing. Pull the threads tight to completely gather the blue circle into a blueberry shape. Tie a knot and trim the lose ends.
- To make the strawberries, cut out circles of red felt. Use a basic stitch with needle and thread to fasten the straight edges and create a cone shape. Place stuffing inside strawberry. Stitch around the top of the strawberry and pull to gather the top. Tie a knot and trim the lose ends. Cut out a “leafy” green top and use fabric glue to attach to the top.
- Encourage your little ones to build their own pancake breakfast and play!
All cutting should be done by an adult.