Celebrate the start of the school year, a special birthday, or your every day love of Mickey Mouse! This pom pom garland will add just a little festive DIY flair to any occasion.
Time: 1 hour
What You’ll Need
- Colorful yarn
How To Make It
- Gently wrap your favorite colored yarn around the end of a fork about 50-100 times. The more you wrap yarn around the fork, the fuller the pom pom will be. Make sure not to wrap the yarn too tightly. Cut the string of yarn to detach it from the ball.
- Cut an additional small piece of yarn, about 4-5 inches. Thread the yarn through the middle of the wrapped yarn and tie a very tight double knot. The wrapped yarn should now look like a bow shape.
- Slide the cinched yarn away from the fork. Carefully cut the looped sections of yarn on either side. You will see the pom pom shape start to appear.
- Repeat steps 1-3 to create a matching set of Mickey pom pom ears.
- To create the bigger pom pom for Mickey’s head, wrap yarn around three fingers and repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Carefully tie the two smaller pom poms on either side of the larger pom pom to create a Mickey Mouse shape on a long string. You will need to use a longer piece of yarn to place the Mickey head lower than the ears.
- Repeat all steps to create multiple Mickey pom poms for the entire garland.
All cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 1 year Ago