There are two things I can’t have enough of: pom-poms and Mickey-shaped things! I am delighted to share a DIY that combines both. Keep reading to learn how to make this easy no-sew, pom-pom Mickey-shaped pillow.
This DIY pillow requires no sewing, only a hot glue gun and of course, lots of colorful pom-poms. I like making all my pom-poms with yarn and by hand, but pom-poms can also be found at most craft stores. This Mickey Pom-Pom Pillow instantly brightens up any room, and is sure to bring a smile to any Disney fan’s face.
What You’ll Need
- 1 yard white felt
- 25-30 2” pom-poms
- Polyester fiberfill stuffing
- Hot glue
How To Make It
- Download the Mickey Mouse template and print out. (Click “Download PDF” above.)
- Trace the Mickey Mouse template onto the felt and cut it out. Repeat so that you have two Mickey Mouse shaped felt pieces.
- Create your pom-poms.
- Stack the felt Mickey Mouse shapes together and line the edges with pom-poms. Place the long pieces of yarn of the pom-poms in between the two layers of Mickey Mouse shapes to hold them in place.
- Glue the edges of the felt Mickey Mouse shapes together, making sure the pom-poms are glued securely between the felt pieces. Leave a 3-4 inch opening.
- Stuff with fluff. Glue together the remaining edge of the pillow.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.