Pom-poms are so soft and friendly and are the easiest things to make. Whether you’re using a DIY cardboard pom pom maker or store bought maker you can make anything out of pom poms! It’s great fun, just give it a go.
Time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Pom Pom Maker: store bought or DIY Cardboard Circles
- Wool: black, red and yellow
How To Make It
- First make two plain black pom poms, leaving long trails on the centre yarn strand that binds the pom pom together. Leave aside.
- Next make the red pom-pom – fill one side of the pom pom maker with red, and on the other side layer the yellow and red wool has shown – two small strips of yellow first (for the buttonholes) …..
- …and surround these strips, left and right with the red wool, and layer the red right up to the top to finish the side, completely covering the yellow.
- Insert your scissors into the gap and cut the yarn, and as you do the hidden yellow dots will be revealed (that’s the exciting part). Tie a length of yarn tightly around the pom pom to hold it in shape after you have removed the pom pom maker.
- Now no pom pom is ever perfect after being made so with your scissors give the red and black pom poms a bit of a trim all around to give them a nice even shape.
- Like so, nice and neat circles.
- The last step is to tie the pom poms together, using the centre yarn strips that you left long, and just hang on the wall and admire, use as a buggy accessory to keep baby amused, or make a few and make a mobile.
Cutting should be done by an adult.