Looking for magic Mickey Mouse paint marbling that’s out of this swirled? Look no further!
Keep reading to learn how to create your own Mickey paint marbling art at home.
Time: 2 hours
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper or cardstock
- Cardboard box
- Hot glue
- Black paint
- White paint
- Popsicle stick, or toothpick
- Optional: Provide a designated amount of each color of paint to limit paint use.
How To Make It
- Print Mickey template on regular paper or cardstock. Cut out Mickey shape to use as a stencil.
- Trace Mickey stencil onto a piece of cardboard. Cut out Mickey shape.
- Cut a few 1″ strips of cardboard from the remaining sides of your cardboard box. Bend the cardboard around the Mickey shape to create an edge, and ultimately creating a Mickey-shaped tray. Use hot glue to hold edges in place. Continue adding cardboard edges until you’ve completed the entire Mickey shape. Let hot glue dry completely.
- Paint the entire Mickey-shaped tray with black paint. Let dry completely.
- Pour small amounts of paint into mason jars to limit paint use.
- Slowly pour paint into Mickey-shaped cardboard tray. Lightly drizzle all around the space, leaving room for second or third paint colors.
- Continue to lightly drizzle paint around the Mickey shape. Sprinkle small amounts of glitter on top of the paint.
- Use a popsicle stick or toothpick or marbling tool to slowly swirl the paint around, creating a marbling effect. Show your little ones how swirling too much mixes the paint entirely, and how swirling just a tiny bit can create a design.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.
Posted 2 months Ago