Going to the Fourth-of-July parade? Let Mickey lend you a hand waving on your favorite floats with a bright white felt glove that really stands out in the crowd.
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Wooden spoon or paint stirrer
- Blue craft paint
- Small foam brush or paintbrush
- Straight pins (for pinning the template pieces to the felt)
- 2 sheets of white felt
- Hot glue gun
- Scrap of red sticky-back felt
- Fiberfill stuffing (about a fistful)
How To Make It
- Paint the wooden spoon or paint stirrer blue, and set it aside to dry.
- Meanwhile print the template, and use the pieces to cut out the shapes from the specified types and colors of felt.
- Stack the two white felt glove pieces one atop the other. Then glue them together all along the edge, except leave the wrist open, as shown. Stick a set of three red felt pleats to the front and the back of the glove, referring to the template for placement.
- Fill the glove loosely with fiberfill, using the wooden spoon handle to push some of the stuffing up into the fingers.
- Insert the bowl of the wooden spoon inside the glove, using a bit of hot-glue to secure it to the felt. Lastly, hot glue the wrist closed on both sides of the spoon handle, and your Mickey waver is ready for the parade.
Cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.
Posted 3 years Ago