Oh, how I love Mickey-shaped food. After all, anything Mickey shaped just tastes better, wouldn’t you agree?
Have you ever wanted to take a Mickey premium ice cream bar home? Now you can, with these DIY ornaments inspired by treats from Disneyland and Walt Disney World. I transformed three iconic foods — the Mickey pretzel, the Mickey waffle, and (my personal favorite) the Mickey ice cream bar — into felt ornaments.
It’s a fun way to bring a little Disney magic into your home during the holidays. Make as many as you want because there are no calories to count here! Happy Holidays!
For more Disney magic, make this “it’s a small world” Wreath:
What You’ll Need
- Cardstock or regular paper
- Tan, white, dark brown, and light brown felt
- White fabric paint
- Hot glue gun
- Twine or ribbon
How To Make It
- Draw Parks food images onto paper. Cut out the images and use them as your templates.
- Place templates on your felt and trace with a marker. Use sharp scissors to cut them out.
- For the Mickey pretzel, use tan felt. For the Mickey ice cream bar, use dark brown felt, white for the “bite,” and tan for the ice cream stick. For the Mickey waffle, use tan and light brown felt. Then glue pieces together.
- Then use white fabric paint to add the “salt” to your pretzel ornament.
- Attach a twine or ribbon loop to each ornament back and secure with a dot of hot glue. Allow paint and glue to dry before hanging on your tree.
All cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.