With fall comes lots of cooking and baking — including pies galore. We have the perfect accessory to help in the kitchen this season.
Cooking never looked so good thanks to this Mickey Pie Pot Holder!
For another magical recipe, watch this Mickey Breakfast tutorial:
What You’ll Need
- Mickey Mouse template
- Tan and dark blue wool felt
- Round pot holder
- Fabric glue
- Needle and thread
How To Make It
- Print the Mickey template on cardstock and cut out. (Be sure to adjust the template according to the size of your pot holder.) Trace 2 Mickey heads on the tan felt — leaving about 1/2″ seam allowance around the pot holder. Cut out. Then cut a short, thin strip of tan felt.
- Place pot holder between your two pieces of Mickey-shaped felt. Attach the felt strip at the top of the pie holder, creating a loop. Secure with a dot of fabric glue. With a needle and tread, stitch along the edges using a simple hand stitch.
- Trace and cut out a Mickey head on the dark blue felt. Place on top of tan piece and secure with fabric glue.
- Cut out 1″ strips of “pie crust” out of tan felt. Arrange strips to create a lattice look and secure all pieces with fabric glue.
- Cut out a scalloped-edge outline of a Mickey head from tan felt, then attach with fabric glue. Allow to set completely before using.
All cutting and sewing should be done by an adult.