Mother’s Day wouldn’t be complete without flowers. These felt corsages are the perfect homemade Mother’s Day gift, and the best part is, they’re Mickey-shaped! Plus, since they’ll never wilt, moms can enjoy wearing them anytime!
Time: 1 hour
What You’ll Need
- Felt (pink, yellow, ivory, green)
- Hot Glue
How To Make It
- To make a rose, cut a circle out of felt. Cut the circle into a wavy spiral.
- Start coiling up the felt. When it’s all coiled up, secure with a dot of hot glue. Repeat this step twice to make a total of three roses, making sure to make one circle larger than the other two.
- To make a chrysanthemum, cut a long rectangle out of felt. Fold felt in half and then cut along the fold. Be careful not to cut too close to the edge of the felt. You want to make horizontal slits.
- With the rectangle folded in half, start coiling the felt from one end tightly and secure with hot glue.
- Repeat this step twice to make a total of three chrysanthemums, making sure that one is larger than the other two.
- Cut leaves out of green felt, set aside.
- To assemble the corsages, cut enough ribbon to wrap around your wrist. Fold the ribbon in half. At the center or crease of the ribbon, put a dot of glue and attach one of the felt roses. Place the two smaller roses on top of each side to make the Mickey ears. Attach with hot glue. Decorate with leaves and secure with hot glue. Allow to set completely before wearing. Repeat the same process for the chrysanthemum corsage.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.
Posted 2 weeks Ago