Try this fun family activity to count down to the New Year. Simply fill your bags with ideas to do every hour leading up to the big event. At the designated hour, have your child open up the bag to reveal the task inside.
Time: 15 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper or cardstock
- Party bags
- Paper fastener (the smallest you can find at your local craft store)
How To Make It
- Print the template on regular paper or cardstock and cut out the pieces. Print out a clock for each hour of the evening you want to have an activity for.
- Attach the clock hands with a paper fastener.
- Glue your completed clock to the party bag.
- On a note card, write a fun idea to do at each hour and place it in the corresponding bag. Here are a few examples:
6:00 PM – Make New Year’s crafts like party hats or celebration glasses
7:00 PM – Have a fabulous dinner
8:00 PM – Decorate with banners and streamers
9:00 PM – Play a game with your family
10:00 PM – Fill out your wish list and New Year’s resolutions
11:00 PM – Share your greatest memory from the past year with your family
12:00 AM – Celebrate with noisemakers and toast the New Year
Cutting should be done by an adult.