Young Mike Wazowski dreams of being a scarer. Create this pumpkin inspired by his days at Monsters University, and show some school spirit with this easy-to-make felt pennant.
Time: 2 hours
What You’ll Need
- Small pumpkin
- Fine grain sand paper
- Green acrylic paint
- White acrylic paint
- Black acrylic paint
- Blue acrylic paint
- Teal acrylic paint
- Wire or paperclip
How To Make It
- Use fine grain sand paper to prep the pumpkin for painting.
- Coat the entire pumpkin in green paint. Let dry.
- Paint a large white circle on the front of the pumpkin to create Mike’s eye. Let dry. Paint a black mouth shape below the eye. Let dry. To create Mike’s baseball cap, paint a blue circle around the top of the pumpkin, surrounding the stem.
- Once dry, paint a smaller black circle in the center of the white circle. Let dry. Use white paint on top of the mouth shape to add teeth. Let dry.
- Once the black circle of Mike’s eye is dry, add a small white circle as a highlight.
- Paint the shape of the bill of Mike’s baseball cap onto his forehead. Let dry.
- Add some school spirit by painting “MU” onto the front of Mike’s baseball cap.
- To create Mike’s braces, cut wire, or unfold a paperclip into a straight line. Carefully insert each end of the wire into the pumpkin at the edges of Mike’s smile.
All wire cutting should be done by an adult.
Posted 4 years Ago