Take your family’s work space into hyperdrive with this combo chalkboard and cord board inspired by Han Solo’s trusted ship—the Millennium Falcon!
Editor’s Note: Disney Family participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
For more Disney magic, learn how to throw a Solo: A Star Wars Story party:
What You’ll Need
- Roll of cork board (like this one)
- Pen or pencil
- Poster board (optional)
- Hot glue
- Chalkboard paint
- Leather string (like this one)
- Wooden bead
How To Make It
- Start by sketching out the Millennium Falcon onto a piece of cork board, then cut it out. Depending on the thickness of your cork board, you may want to either cut out another one from the cork or from poster board to give it more structure.
- If you cut out 2 pieces, glue them together around the edges.
- Paint the front and sides with chalkboard paint.
- Fold a piece of leather in half, pinch the halfway point together, and thread it through a wooden bead. Leave a small loop on one side for hanging the chalkboard.
- Once the board is completely dry, glue or staple the leather strap onto the back of the board at the desired length.
- Hang on the wall with a nail.
All cutting, gluing, and hammering should be done by an adult.