Let Minnie adorn your hair on Valentine’s Day with this simple and pretty felty heart barrette.
Time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Pink felt
- Black felt
- 2 small faux pink gems
- Pen and light-colored pencil
- Hot glue (only adults should use hot glue)
How To Make It
- Cut out the template pieces and trace them onto their designated color felt. Cut out the felt pieces.
- Fold two pink hearts in half and glue them to the right and left sides of the 3rd heart.
- Fold a pink oval in half. Then fold it in half again. Glue it to the upper right corner of the heart.
- Repeat this fold with the remaining two ovals. Glue one to the lower right corner of the heart, and glue the other to the upper left corner.
- Fold two black circles in half and glue them to the left and right sides of the third black circle.
- Fold the forth black circle in half, then in half again. Glue it to the very center of Minnie’s head.
- Repeat step 6 with Minnie’s ears, using four small black circles per ear. Glue the ears to the sides of Minnie’s head.
- Glue Minnie to the lower left corner of the the heart, pushing the folds aside to make room. You can add two small pink faux gems between Minnie’s ears for a bow. Glue your Minnie Heart to a barrette. Allow the glue to dry before wearing in hair.
Cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.
Posted 6 years Ago