What’s my favorite Halloween treat? The Minnie Witch Caramel Apple from Disney Parks! Keep reading to learn how to turn your Halloween pumpkin into this classic treat. Your whole family will love this frightfully easy no-carve pumpkin craft.
What You’ll Need
- Medium pumpkin with stem attached
- 2 styrofoam balls
- Wooden dowel
- Round glass pebbles
- Craft foam sheet, purple and orange
- Acrylic paint, orange, white, purple, brown, purple glitter
- Hot glue
- Painter’s tape
- Large coffee filter
How To Make It
- Carve small indents on the bottom of both styrofoam balls, then paint them brown. Paint the glass pebbles orange and the wooden dowel white. You will need 2-3 coats on everything. Let dry between coats.
- Paint your pumpkin with a white base coat. Let dry.
- Cut the purple craft foam into a witch hat shape. Cut the orange foam into a bow shape and thin rectangle. You can print an internet bow template to help guide you.
- To form the bow, take the bow-shaped orange foam by the two middle edges and glue them together. Wrap the orange foam rectangle around the middle of the glued-together part of the bow, and hot glue it in place in the back. Use your index finger to push the bows in, securing with hot glue. Glue the bow to the bottom of the purple hat.
- Wrap the painter’s tape around the middle of your pumpkin to help make a straighter edge. Paint the top half brown, remove tape, and let dry. You can use a small paintbrush and white paint to clean up the edges. Paint the bottom half with the purple paint until the white base coat is fully covered. Once dry, apply the purple glitter acrylic paint on top.
- Glue the orange pebbles in a zigzag high-low pattern on the purple area.
- Glue the wooden dowel behind the pumpkin stem. Next, glue the foam balls on top for the ears. Attach the hat in front to cover the stem.
- Place your finished pumpkin on top of a coffee filter for display.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.