Be as goofy as Goofy! You, too, can release Minnie’s beautiful butterfly bows onto the wind. Cut this printable version out and make your own fluttery butterfly mobile.
The project is easy to print and makes a delightful decoration for your child’s room.
Time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper or cardstock
- Ribbon, string or twine
How To Make It
- Print all of the pages of the Butterfly Bow Mobile on regular paper or white cardstock. You can print out the pages as many times as you like to get your desired number of butterflies.
- Fold each sheet of paper along the grey line and cut out each butterfly. Be sure to leave the butterflies attached at the line.
- Cut a piece of fishing line, ribbon, string, or twine as long as you would like your mobile to be.
- Tape the top end of your string or ribbon to a flat working surface to hold it steady. Remember to leave some room at the top so you can tie your mobile to the object it will hang from. Next, choose your first butterfly and open it so that the blank side of the butterfly is facing up. Lay the string or ribbon directly in the middle of the butterfly. Tape the string or ribbon to the center then cover it in glue. Fold the other half of the butterfly over and press down firmly to ensure that it sticks to the string or ribbon.
- Repeat Step 4 with as many butterflies as you desire, adding them down the line. You can put them in any order. For a fun effect, fold the butterfly in half to make it appear like it is flapping its wings.
- When you finish, you may cut the excess string below the last butterfly to complete your vertical mobile, or you can tie both ends of the mobile.
Cutting should be done by an adult.