Here she goes again — starting a new fashion trend with polka dots! Made from red and white buttons and a miniature blue polka-dot bow, this Minnie-inspired, Fourth of July holiday accessory is fun to wear pinned on a T-shirt, purse, baseball cap, or sun visor.
Time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Large red button for the head (the one shown here is about 1.5 inches in diameter)
- Medium-size white button for the face (1/4 to 1/2 inch smaller than the large button)
- 2 smaller red buttons for ears (about 3/4 inch smaller than the large button)
- Extra smaller red or white button (similar in size to the ear buttons)
- Hot glue gun
- 3/4-inch metal bar pin (found in the jewelry section of the craft store)
- Thin blue or blue polka-dot ribbon
- Piece of embroidery floss or string
How To Make It
- Arrange the ear buttons and the extra button on a flat surface as shown.
- Hot-glue the head button in place atop the three buttons already in place, overlapping the ears a bit as shown.
- Glue the medium-size face button in place atop the head.
- Create a miniature bow by cutting a 2.75-inch length of ribbon. Fold the ends of the ribbon back so that they overlap and form a 1-inch bow.
- Tie the bow tightly in the center with a piece of embroidery floss or string. Trim the ends of the floss or string short.
- Hot-glue the bow in place at the base of one ear.
- Flip the pin over and hot-glue a pin back to the center button, as shown, and your Minnie pin is ready to wear.
Cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.