You’d be hard pressed to find a more fashionable mouse than Minnie. No surprise then that Mickey’s little sidekick would have a real knack for sprucing up a Christmas tree — with her signature polka-dots, of course.
These spotted paper ornaments are a blast for kids to create and make a nice complement to any collection. They’re also a great gift for teachers and scout leaders.
Time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Scrapbook paper (gold, red, and white)
- Thin cord or ribbon
- Glue stick
- Paper hole punch
How To Make It
- Print the template and cut out the pieces to use as patterns. For each ornament, cut a top from gold paper, a center from white paper, and two matching ornament shapes from red paper.
- Fold the gold top piece in half and cut a small notch in the center of the fold. Tie a 7-inch length of thin cord or ribbon into a hanging loop and thread it through the notch, as shown, so the knot is sandwiched between the paper.
- Glue the ornament top to the white center, as shown.
- Stack the two red ornament shapes and punch rows of holes in them. Then glue the perforated circles to both sides of the white center.
Cutting should be done by an adult.