My family is loving Disney’s magical new toy line. The mini figures, called Disney Doorables, include characters from some of our favorite films, like Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, and Moana. Each encourage little ones to use their creativity and imagination as they play.
But they’re not only for storytelling, they also make fun crafts. We wanted to incorporate little Pua and his adorable antics into a super easy jar craft. Create a pencil holder that resembles Moana’s cute pal then make a Heart of Te Fiti Jar for family craft supplies—with a cute Pua Doorables on top.
Scroll through to learn how to create these DIY jars that are perfect for back-to-school season.
For more Disney magic, check out this Main Street Mickey Pumpkin:
What You’ll Need
- PUA JAR:
- White matte spray paint
- Black, white, and pink acrylic paint
- Permanent marker
- White and pink felt
- Glue stick
- Hot glue
- HEART OF TE FITI JAR:
- Small jar
- Decoupage glue
- Turquoise glitter
- Multipurpose glue
- Disney Doorables Pua figure
- Hot glue
How To Make It
- Start with the Pua Jar. Spray paint it white, then allow it to dry.
- Lightly sketch Pua onto the jar.
- Mix the white and black paint to make gray, and paint Pua’s spots. Then use pink paint for his nose. Allow the paint to dry.
- Outline the Pua drawing with permanent marker. Let it dry.
- Cut 2 ear shapes out of white felt, then cut a small slit at the bottom.
- Next, cut 2 ear shapes out of pink felt slightly smaller than the white. Glue the pink ears on top of the white using a glue stick. Then glue the ears to the jar using hot glue.
- Cut little bangs out of the white felt. Then hot glue them to the jar.
- Then fill in the eyes with black paint, add a little dot of white, and let them dry.
- Next, make the Heart of Te Fiti Jar. Brush a generous amount of decoupage glue all over the lid.
- Dust with glitter and set it aside to dry.
- Draw the symbol on the side of the jar with multipurpose glue.
- Then cover it with glitter, shake off any excess, and allow it to dry.
- Hot glue the little Doorables Pua figure to the jar lid.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.