There’s nothing more iconic than Boo’s door in Monsters, Inc. Surprise your little one with a bedroom door makeover, or transform a door in your living room for your next movie night. Keep reading to learn how easy it is to make your own!
Monsters, Inc. is now streaming on Disney+!
What You’ll Need
- White construction paper
- Pink, light purple, dark purple, and yellow construction paper
- Double-sided tape
- Purple marker or paint
- Large dinner plate
- Purple washi tape (optional)
- Decoupage glue (optional)
How To Make It
- If you have a flat door with no panels, start by cutting out two rectangles about 18 x 10 inches, and two rectangles 35 x 10 inches. If your paper isn’t large enough, tape smaller pieces of paper together to achieve that length.
- Place a large dinner plate upside down at the top of one of the bigger rectangles. Trace along the top arch of the plate to create a rounded top. Repeat on the matching rectangle. Trim the excess paper at the top.
- Use a ruler to draw a 1 ½-inch border within each rectangle.
- Outline the edge of each rectangle with purple marker or paint. Repeat along the light pencil line.
- Using double-sided tape, place the two smaller rectangles on the bottom half of the door, and the taller, rounded-top rectangles on the top half.
- If you already have panels on your door, skip the above steps and use purple washi tape to outline the panels.
- Next, cut out 5 daisies from construction paper. You’ll need 3 pink daisies, one light purple daisy, and one darker purple daisy. Cut out 2 yellow circles to go inside the pink daisies, one light purple circle for the darker purple daisy, and one darker pink circle for the light purple daisy. Attach the circles to the center of each daisy with tape or glue.
- Use double-sided tape to place the daisies on the door in the same placement as on Boo’s door.
- Should you want to make this transformation permanent, you can glue the paper panels onto the door with decoupage glue, then apply a top coat of decoupage glue.
All cutting should be done by an adult.