Whether you’re dressing up for Halloween or trying out some Zootopia-inspired face paint, here’s an easy way for the Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde fans in your family to add an extra detail to the fun!
What You’ll Need
- Kid-sized headbands (grey and orange)
- Felt (For Nick: Black, orange, cream/white, For Judy: grey, light pink, dark pink)
How To Make It
- To make Judy’s ears: Cut out bunny ears from two layers of grey felt. Leave an extra few inches at the bottom to wrap around the headband. Place a piece of wire between two layers of grey felt. The wire will help Judy’s ears stand tall.
- Cut a light pink triangle shape, smaller than that of the grey piece. Next cut a dark pink triangle shape, smaller than the light pink shape. Glue the felt pieces to each other. Let dry.
- To make Nick’s ears: Fold a piece of orange felt in half. Starting at the folded edge, cut a triangle shape. You should end up with two triangles that are connected together at the bottom.
- Cut a smaller triangle out of cream or white felt. Glue the white felt triangles to the front of the orange felt triangles.
- Wrap the orange triangles around the headband and glue together. Let dry.
- Optional: Use black felt to add a little more depth and detailing to each ear.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult. Let felt pieces dry before wearing headbands.