Capture the elegance and bravery of Clara from The Nutcracker and the Four Realms. Your little one will be sure to spend the day venturing into a whimsical adventure in this easy, no-sew Clara-inspired tutu.
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms is available now on Digital and Blu-ray!
What You’ll Need
- White thread
- Sewing needle
- Measuring tape
- 1″ wide elastic band
- 2 to 3 rolls of 6″ lavender tulle
- Tank top
- 3/8″ Lavender ribbon
- Premade fabric rosette
- Hot glue
- Plain hair clip
How To Make It
- Measure your child’s waist to determine the length of the elastic band. Measure band and cut to correct length. Bring the ends of the elastic band together, overlapping them, and sew using needle and thread to secure.
- Cut your tulle into 25″ strips. You can cut strips shorter or longer depending on your child’s height. Tip: For a longer and/or fuller tutu, use 3 rolls of tulle.
- Cut 30 pieces of tulle into 35″ strips. This will be used at the back. If you’ve modified the length of the tulle strips according to your child’s height, add 10″ to get the longer strips needed for the back of the tutu.
- Fold one piece of tulle in half to create loop. Slide the loop under the elastic. Bring it over slightly and pass the tail through the loop. Pull snug. Be careful when tying the tulle strips around the elastic band to prevent the band from folding. Repeat, placing tulle only on the front and sides of the elastic (3/4 of the elastic should be covered.)
- For the back of the tutu, use the 30 pieces of tulle that are longer. Repeat step 4.
- For the top: cut 2 pieces of ribbon that are 5″ long. Hot glue one end of each ribbon to the back of a pre-made flower. Use the needle and thread to sew the flower onto the top.
- For the hair bow, cut a 20: strip of ribbon. Bring two small loops of ribbon in each hand. Tie a simple overhand knot. Pull loops and straighten a bit. Hot glue ribbon onto a small hair clip of your choice.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.