This Valentine’s Day, take a break from the sugary treats and pass along everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf, with this DIY finger puppet!
What You’ll Need
- White, orange, brown, and black felt
- Felt glue
- Hot glue gun and glue
How To Make It
- Fold the white felt in half. Measure one inch from the center and begin drawing the silhouette of a snowman. Olaf’s shape is a bit thinner and more exaggerated than the typical snowman, with wide cheeks for his big smile and a small rounded head on top. Cut along the line and use the shape as a stencil to cut a second identical snowman shape.
- Using the white felt, cut an additional two rough circles for his feet and one small rectangle for his teeth. Then, from the orange felt cut a small carrot nose.
- From the brown felt, cut one triangle for the mouth. Use your scissors to round off the tip for the bottom of his mouth (both steps pictured).
- Next, cut two long slender rectangles with small triangles at the end. These will be his arms. Cut small twig-like fingers from the triangle (both steps pictured).
- Cut a second smaller triangle for his hair. Repeat the twig-like technique.
- Using the black felt, cut three circles for his buttons, two smaller circles for his eyes, and two slender rectangles for his eyebrows.
- Assembly time! Use the hot glue to adhere Olaf’s arms, hair, and feet to the first snowman. Then, use the felt glue to adhere the buttons, eyes, eyebrows, nose, mouth, and teeth to the second snowman.
- Wait for the felt glue to dry and then use your hot glue gun to outline the sides and top of the first snowman (with the arms and hair) and carefully lay the second snowman (the front) on top, pressing along the sides and top. Be sure to leave the bottom open for the finger!
- Download and print the “Olaf You a Lot” note, and give it to your favorite person!
Cutting and gluing should be done by an adult.
Posted 5 years Ago