Get your party off to a great start! Bring a little snow and a lot of summer to the walls of your Frozen-themed party with this Olaf-inspired wall hanger.
Time: 45 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper or cardstock (white)
- Clear tape
- Glue stick
- White string or yarn
- Adhesive mounting strips or adhesive putty
- White glue (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Light blue piece of fabric or poster board (optional)
How To Make It
- Download and print the Olaf wall hanger printable on regular paper or cardstock. Print enough of the cutouts to make each shape double sided.
- Cut out the snowballs, sun, flowers, beach ball and Olaf’s head, hands and button designs.
Optional: Apply a layer or white glue over the snowball cut-outs and sprinkle them with a little glitter for a sparkly, icy effect.
- Arrange the cut-outs, printed side down, into eight columns of four to six shapes. Include some larger and some smaller designs in each row. Leave gaps between the shapes.
- When you’re satisfied with the layout, cut six lengths of white string or yarn about 3 to 5 inches longer than the columns of designs.
- Tape the end of the first piece of string to the center-back of the bottom shape of the first column. Lay the yarn over the rest of the shapes in that column, and then stick it in place with a small piece of tape on the back of each shape.
- Tape the other six lengths of string to the other columns of cut-outs in the same manner as the first.
- Glue corresponding snowball, sun, flower, beach ball and Olaf shapes to each cutout in your design, so that each shape is double sided. This will ensure that even when the cutouts move naturally when hung, a printed image will always be showing.
- Secure the strands in place along the wall, at equal distances apart, using putty or adhesive poster strips, with the printed sides facing outward.
Optional: Mount a piece of light blue fabric or poster board to the wall as a backdrop before you secure the hanging strands. This will give your display a frosty, frozen appearance to fit its snowman theme.
Cutting should be done by an adult.
Adhesive putty and poster strips can usually be removed without leaving marks on your wall, so they are ideal for temporary party decorations.