You can bring Olaf to life with this fun pop-up paper DIY! Download the printable template, gather your supplies, and watch the video for instructions on how to make Olaf leap off the page!
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 8 1/2 by 11 inch cardstock
- Rubber Bands
- Colored Markers
How To Make It
- Print out the pop-up card and pop-up pieces using 8 1/2 by 11 inch cardstock. Carefully cut out the template. Remember not to cut out any of the dotted lines. Once all of the pieces are cut, fold the pieces along the dotted fold lines.
- Score the paper along the dotted lines with a large paper clip, using the ruler as a straight-edge.
- Poke the tip of your scissors through the small holes in each piece.
- Cut the rubber band. Thread one end of the rubber band through
the hole in the tab and tie it in a knot.
- Apply glue lightly to all the other tabs without holes. Align each tab with its opposite tab and press down firmly. Hold the pieces together and let them dry for a few seconds.
- Thread the other end of the rubber band through a hole in one of the remaining hole tabs. Pull it tight and knot the end.
- Glue the last remaining tabs together with a light coat of glue. Press down firmly and hold in place to allow the glue to dry. Repeat for the other two pieces.
- Glue each of the pop-up snowballs on top of each other, with the largest on the bottom, the smallest in the middle, and the elongated one on the top. Let the glue dry for a few minutes.
- Draw Olaf’s face, add a nose and mouth.
Posted 4 years Ago