Animal is one of the most beloved members of The Muppets with his wild hair and crazy expressions. And he’s great at the drums too! Create your own Animal with this fun paper plate craft.
Don’t miss the series premiere of The Muppets on Tuesday, September 22 at 8|7c on ABC.
Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Paper plate
- Orange paint
- Construction paper: black, white, orange, red, pink
- Black marker
- Glue stick
How To Make It
- First, paint the paper plate completely with orange paint and set aside to dry.
- Meanwhile, print off the patterns. Cut the mouth from black paper. Cut out 2 of the shorter teeth and 5 of the taller teeth. When attaching the teeth, overlap them slightly over the edge of the mouth, you will trim them in the net step. Glue one tall tooth in the center of the curve of the mouth. Glue two tall teeth on either side of that. Glue one short tooth on the left and one on the right.
- Turn the mouth over and trim off any white paper hanging over the edge.
- Cut the tongue from pink paper and glue to the top center of the mouth. Glue the entire mouth to the paper plate. Cut out two eyes from white, two lower lids from orange and the nose from red paper. Glue the eyes to the plate and use a black marker to draw on the pupils. Glue on the orange lower lids below the eyes and finally, glue on the nose.
- Cut thin curved strips of red paper in different length. Cut as many as you need. If you run out, you can always cut more! Cut some orange as well for additional color in his hair.
- Some strips may need to be shorter than others. Glue strips around the outside of the plate and under the nose.
- Continue adding more strips until you are happy to his crazy hairdo!
- Hang Animal in your room or on your bedroom door.
Cutting should be done by an adult.