Kermit the Frog is the most famous Muppet of all time, created by Jim Henson and first introduced in 1955. Besides starring in TV shows like Sesame Street and The Muppet Show, he’s also been in the movies. It’s always a great time to make your very own Kermit the Frog from a paper plate!
Don’t miss the series premiere of The Muppets on Tuesday, September 22 at 8|7c on ABC.
Time: 25 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Paper plate
- Pink and red construction paper
- 1 Styrofoam ball (1 1/4″)
- Green paint
- Black felt
- White craft glue
- Glue stick
How To Make It
- Paint both sides of the paper plate and let it dry.
- Using the larger oval pattern, trim the paper plate edges off.
- Cut the Styrofoam ball in half and cut out eyes from black felt. Glue the felt to one side of the Styrofoam ball. Gluing them on top will have Kermit gazing at the ceiling!
- Cut the smaller oval from red construction paper. Use a glue stick to attach it to the front side of the paper plate. Fold the paper plate in half, crease and open again.
- Cut the tongue from pink paper and glue to the red paper. Use white craft glue to attach the eyes to the top of Kermit’s head.
Cutting should be done by an adult.