Add some Disney magic to your tree with these adorable Peppermint Mickey Lollipop Ornaments. These festive ornaments are made of super easy-to-use polymer clay, and are a perfect no-mess holiday activity for you and your kiddos! For a little extra magic, add a few drops of peppermint extract into your clay and they will smell ear–resistible!
What You’ll Need
- Polymer clay (red and white)
- Treat sticks
- Ornament hooks
- Red string
- Peppermint extract (optional)
How To Make It
- Pre-heat your oven to 230F.
- Add a few drops of peppermint extract into clay.
- Cut clay squares in half and roll into long, skinny strips.
- Twist the clay pieces around each other and roll together.
- Roll the combined piece of clay into a circle.
- Repeat steps 3-5 on a smaller scale for Mickey’s ears.
- Cut off the top of an ornament hook and gently push it into the top of the larger circle.
- Gently press Mickey’s ears onto the larger circle.
- Place your finished ornament on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes and allow it to cool completely.
- Glue a treat stick to the back of the larger circle.
- Tie a bit of ribbon or string onto the ornament hook.
- Hang your ornament on your tree or around the house all holiday season long!
All baking should be done by an adult.