With his friend Jiminy Cricket by his side, Pinocchio embarks on fantastic adventures that test his bravery, loyalty and honesty in his quest to become a real boy. Host a movie night with your friends and family, and create this adorable puppet craft out of a paper lunch bag.
Disney’s Pinocchio is now available on Blu-ray, Digital HD & Disney Movies Anywhere!
What You’ll Need
- Construction paper or cardstock (red, white, yellow, blue, cream, black)
- Glue stick
- Hot glue
- Paper lunch bag
How To Make It
- Sketch Pinocchio’s face, hair, and hat with feather onto construction paper. If you’re creating multiple lunch bags, first sketch onto cardstock to create a stencil for each piece.
- Cut out each piece and glue together with a glue stick. Start with Pinoccho’s face shape. Add Pinocchio’s hair, facial features, and hat with feather.
- Use a brown paper bag to measure a square piece of white paper for Pinocchio’s shirt. Add a smaller piece of red paper for Pinocchio’s overalls. Make sure to trim one rounded edge to create his waistband. Add two strips of red for Pinocchio’s suspenders. Create a bowtie from blue paper, and two buttons from yellow paper.
- Cut out and glue all of the layers of Pinocchio’s outfit together, starting with the white shirt, adding the red overalls, the yellow buttons, and the blue bowtie.
- Place the brown paper bag on your workspace with the folding bottom facing up at the top. Use hot glue to attach Pinocchio’s outfit to the bottom of the paper bag. Next, attach Pinocchio’s head onto the bottom of the bag so it moves when operated like a puppet.
- Prop bag upright on a table to dry completely.
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.