Did you know… After your adventurous ride on the Jungle Cruise® attraction at Disneyland® Resort, you can ask one of the Cast Members for a souvenir map? The map features all of the magical places you’ve just ventured through and makes a fun addition to Disney souvenir collections.
Get ready for an amazing treasure hunt, Pirates of the Caribbean® style. Create your own map and use the cards to pen puzzling clues for your riches-seeking crew and see who finds the treasure first!
Time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need
- Regular paper or cardstock
- Small toys, candy or party favors (optional)
How To Make It
- Print out as many sets of cards as you need.
Choose an adult that won’t be participating in the hunt. Give them these tips:
– Before they start writing the clues, it’s helpful to map out the treasure hunt.
– They’ll want to choose a mix of indoor and outdoor locations. When writing the clues, they should try to be a little mysterious. For example, if they hide a clue in the refrigerator, try a clue like, “Your next clue is shivering its timbers in the dark, but a light bulb will go off when you find it!”
- Once the map is drawn and the clues are written, have the adult setting up the game hide the clues in the places that correspond with the clues and the map. They should also hide the treasure in the location noted on the final clue.*
*you can create a treasure chest to hold pirate booty (ie. small toys, candy, party favors).
- Start the game once everything is in place and see how long it takes for the playing group to find the buried treasure.*
*to make it more of a competition, divide your family into 2 teams. The first to find the treasure chest hidden in the deep corners of your home wins!
Cutting should be done by an adult.